• +90 0535 558 37 45
  • 0 258 271 41 69
  • cihandemir2020@gmail.com

KARAHAYIT

Product Categories

KARAHAYIT

The history of the Denizli region reaches to the oldest civilizations in Anatolia. The finds from the Beyce Sultan Mound in the north of the city show that the prehistory of Denizli illuminated the prehistory and show that the settlement date started with the Catholic Period and it continued in the Bronze Age. In the years of foundation, the city, which was in the influence of the Hittite State, was under the control of the Lydians, Persians, Macedonians, Romans and Byzantines in parallel with the political events in Western Anatolia and Aegean. Since 1070, Denizli has changed hands frequently between Turks and Turks in 350 years. In Denizli, a municipality was established in 1876 during the Ottoman period. Together with the proclamation of the Republic, the governance of Denizli has also changed as the provincial center.

The ancient cities of Hierapolis and Laodicea are only a few km away from Karahayıt. distance. The Romans and III. Between Antiochus BC Before the war in 190, there was no settlement center in Hierapolis. However, today there is a holy temple called "Hieron" near the flowing thermal water spring. During the Hittite and Phrygians, the Anatolian people built temples where water resources were located and worshiped this extraordinary natural event. B.C. III. YY. (261-253) 8 km of this water source. Beyond the Selevkid family Antiochus II. A new city was founded by Teos. This city, later a weaving and trade center, is the "Laodicea", which will be the center of one of the seven churches established in Western Anatolia during the Christian period. The small temple ında Hieron ib built at the site of the thermal source was probably the place of worship of Laodicea in its early years. Hierapolis will be built and will develop later in the core. The fact that the Hierapolis thermal settlement was called "Hall City" in the archaeological literature stems from the existence of many temples and other religious buildings known in the city. The establishment of the city goes back to 2000 BC. It was discussed from time to time in which old city of the city. Paulus, the city near the Phrygia, southwest of the border with Caria and is located northwest of the city of Colossae says. According to Strabo and Ptolemaus, Hierapolis is a Phrygian city because it is close to the cities of Laodicea and Tripolis, which are bounded to the Carian region.

Hieraposhis city, which was established in a high level on the valley with the valley in the north of Çürüksu Valley and in an interesting harmony with the travertines of Pamukkale, became a pile of stones with a big earthquake occurred in 1354 AD. The ruins, which were buried with a thick travertine layer for centuries, were first invaded by the University of Berlin. Humann was asked to be brought to light by the delegation headed by the delegation, but the work could not go beyond research and sounding. Since 1957 The Italian excavation team, which started its activities under the direction of Paolo Verzane, has done very successful works. These studies have been carried out in the form of excavation and restoration until the present day. The mentioned area is defined as 1 ° Archaeological Site and its boundary overlaps with Karahayit Development Plan.

The data on the history of Karahayıt settlement are very limited. It is suggested that the settlement could be established 200 - 300 years ago on the basis of interviews with the townspeople in the Karahayıt Implementation Plan, prepared in 1985 by the Physical Planning Group of the Ministry of Tourism. Although the word literally means the tree as a word, the presence of Karaağaç in the region is not widely seen today.

The settlement shows a linear development extending from both sides of the road from Pamukkale. The road that is divided into two at the north end of the town connects to Akköy district via the plateau at the southwestern extension and goes to the villages along the northeast.

The settlement, which is a village with a population of 345 in 1965, was accelerated by the development of hotels with tourism operation certificate due to the attractiveness of the thermal resources of the settlement due to the incentives in tourism in 1980s. In the implementation zoning plan report prepared by the Ministry of Tourism, the number of boarding houses for the year 1985 is 10 and the number of hotels with tourism operation certificate is 1. Today, the population of the settlement has exceeded 3200 and the number of boarding houses has reached to 85 and the number of hotels with tourism operation certificates has reached to 11.